Not long to go and you're not quite ready, are you? You aren't sure exactly what to get your loved one this Christmas. Well fear not! Let me try and help guide you to this seasons 'must have' diamond jewellery requirements this festive season.
1. Engagement ring: This is relevant to everyone. Yup that's what I said, everyone. Well almost. I suppose really this is directed at ladies in relationships where they aren't engaged yet and also to married women. Now the first category is an obvious one. You've been in a loving relationship for a few years now, and I'm sure she is wondering exactly what you are waiting for. Well this Christmas may be the perfect time for you to both get engaged. If on the other hand you are both married, then why not have her engagement ring redesigned? It's not unusual for it to happen at least once. It may be that the ring is now thin and worn, or just that fashions and styles have changed. From my point of view, I believe the sentiment is in the stone not the setting. The setting will over time wear thin whereas the diamonds will last forever. Plus it won't cost you anything near the original price when all I'm doing is remaking the ring with your diamonds.
2. Earrings: Nothing shows off a classy lady better than classy pair of studs. I would recommend either a pair of traditional diamond studs or perhaps the now fashionable halo design diamond studs. If you opt for the halo but don't want a diamond in the centre, then perhaps you want to choose a coloured stone like an aqua marine or sapphire. If you really aren't sure then you could go with her birthstone. If on the other hand the budget is smaller, then how about some lovely pearl drops?
3. Tennis bracelet: A tennis bracelet is something women long for. A complete row of diamonds to fit around her wrist, which, when made correctly, looks like it's going round your wrist infinitely. A well designed bracket should not enable you to see the clasp. Everything should blend. It's always tricky to get the balance right between the size of the diamonds and the quality of the diamonds. If you're interested in one then please do make an appointment with me and I can show you some examples and explain why one is more or less than the other.
4. Eternity ring: You love her how much? Of course you do which is why you want to show her by having a lovely eternity ring made. There are a few schools of thought regarding when the right time is to get her an eternity ring. Some say after your first anniversary, some say when you've had your first baby together and others say when you have celebrated ten years of togetherness. My answer as always is now! Nothing says 'I love you forever' more than diamonds, and certainly nothing tops a ring of diamonds going on forever all round your finger.
5. Pendant: Over the summer it was lovely and hot, and I noticed lots of ladies walking around with V neck t-shirts on yet their necks were bare. I recently made some lovely diamond solitaire pendants and also some elegant pearl drop pendants too. They were for a group of bridesmaids and the maid of honour for an upcoming wedding. The reason I mention it as an excellent Christmas gift is that the wedding is taking place on Boxing Day in the Bahamas. I suppose there's no reason why they can't be a classic Christmas present for the lady in your life too.
6. Watch: Finally let's talk about a luxury watch. It seems all too common for men to receive a lovely timepiece at this time of year, so if you feel that she has all the jewellery she needs, then perhaps you want to consider buying her a watch. Something you may not know about me is that I am able to source luxury brand watches and also offer discounts on the suggested retail prices. If it's an upgrade which is preferred, then by all means let me have the current watch and I will make you an offer on it too.
I do hope that my suggestions have helped make things a bit clearer for you and I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas.
If you would like an appointment, then please do call for a free consultation in our central London Hatton Garden office and we would be glad to try and help you. Our details are on the main page of the Lewis Malka London website.
Lewis Malka is a recognised expert in making diamond rings as well as being a famous jeweller to the stars. All his blogs are his own opinions. He is a member of the London Diamond Bourse (LDB) and is currently the Chairman of the Young Persons Committee within the Diamond Bourse. You can follow him daily on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. If you would like any bespoke jewellery made, then please visit his website.